WHAT'S NEW FOR JANUARY 2018?
- Taking class with Susan Messing at iO this month!
- I made an Animation Demo over the holidays. Check it out...
WHAT'S NEW FOR DECEMBER 2017?
- So excited to announce that I am now represented by Big Mouth Talent in Chicago!
- Performed at The Cornservatory in the holiday sketch show GOODBYE SANTA!
- CAST in Second City's Coached Ensemble show playing every Thursday night in January at 10:30pm. More info to come!
- Performed in The Women's Theatre Alliance showcase at The Greenhouse Theatre.
WHAT'S NEW FOR NOVEMBER 2017?
- CAST in Together Tales's newest interactive adventure book HAIRBALL HEROICS as well as the app CYBERSPLORER. You can hear my voice all the way through your adventure. I play Yakira! Click here to check it out.
- Traveled to Memphis, TN this month with The Hedgehog Ensemble's PANDEMIC, a devised movement exploring The Black Plague. This week long residency incorporated students from Rhodes College. Pandemic will be produced in Chicago this Spring! Check out some pics from the process below!
- CAST in The Women's Theatre Alliance's Showcase! Come see me perform Wednesday, Dec. 6th at The Greenhouse Theatre.
WHAT'S NEW FOR OCTOBER 2017?
- Ran a half-marathon this month! Next step Chicago Marathon!
- CAST in The Hedgehog Ensemble's PANDEMIC which will be traveling to Memphis, TN in November.
WHAT'S NEW FOR SEPTEMBER 2017?
- Classes are underway at The Second City Conservatory, iO Chicago, and The Annoyance!
- Started working in Producer's Row at The Second City. Excited to be working with some of Chicago's top comedy producers.
WHAT'S NEW FOR AUGUST 2017?
- BIG NEWS! I have relocated to Chicago!!! Excited to jump into the top comedy training in the U.S. at The Second City Conservatory Progam, The Annoyance Theatre, and iO Chicago.
- Off to a running start at The Annoyance Theatre this month taking classes with Jill Mueller.
- Excited to be touring Freaky Deaky Time Machine to Austin, TX for The Out of Bounds Comedy Festival this month!
WHAT'S NEW FOR JULY 2017?
- Nominated for Best Actress in the 2017 Top Indie Film Awards for IMA directed by Freddy Tang! Lucky to have worked with such a talented group of artists.
- The short film BOYS was selected for The LA Film Festival, OUTFEST, and The Mammoth Lakes Film Festival. This film is amazing. I feel honored to have been a part of this excellently told story directed by Eyal Resh.
WHAT'S NEW FOR JUNE 2017?
- CAST in a reading of Eric Appleton's new play GHOSTBEARS!, directed by Matthew Singletary, playing the part of Lisa.
- EXTENDED! The Speakeasy Society's immersive KANSAS COLLECTION PT. 3 where I play Dorothy! Come check it out this month and next. Click here for tickets.
WHAT'S NEW FOR MAY 2017?
- Keep your ears peeled for my Toys R Us spot, Shopkin's World Vacation Shoppies Zoe Zoom! Click here to watch.
- CAST as a guest star in JibJab Media's and Netflix's ASK THE STORYBOTS! Listen for my voice in Season Two's episode "How to Catch a Cold."
- CAST in The White Album Workshop directed by Lars Jans. Looking forward to the future development of this piece based off Jane Didion's essay "The White Album."
WHAT'S NEW FOR APRIL 2017?
- CAST in my first Co-Star Role on truTV's You Can Do Better! Will post clips here once released!
- Played Ruby in the reading of Marcia Christie Blake's play RECYCLING HAZEL at The Road Theatre.
- The Speakeasy Society's immersive-episodic KANSAS COLLECTION: PART 3 opened and sold out within three hours! Remount info coming soon!
"The Speakeasy Society never lets me down when it comes to quality of acting." -Top Down Reviews
WHAT'S NEW FOR MARCH 2017?
- CAST in Chamber Shakespeare's AS YOU LIKE IT as Ceila!
- My sketch show, Freaky Deaky Time Machine, is performing at Second City Hollywood this month! March 16 and March 30 @ 8pm.
- Recorded a VO for Eliada Homes. Will post here once released!
- Great VO session at UCLA with their Linguistics Department.
WHAT'S NEW FOR FEBRUARY 2017?
- CAST in The Speakeasy Society's KANSAS COLLECTION: PART 3 as Dorothy! Don't miss this immersive, choose-your-own-adventure play through the mysertious land of Oz.
- Completed The Groundlings School's Power WOW class with Guy Stevenson.
- Great VO session for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Pennies for Patients Program. Check out the video below!
- Performed for a sold out house at Second City in my first ever sketch comedy show, FREAKY DEAKY TIME MACHINE! One more performance Wednesday, Jan. 18 at 9pm. Click here for more info!
- Finished recording some VO content for The College Board.
- Performed in Chamber Shakespeare's ROMEO AND JULIET. Now open for bookings in living rooms across LA!
WHAT'S NEW FOR DECEMBER 2016?
- Added an Icelandic accent to my special skills for my role as Vigdis in The Defenders with The Drive Theatre Co and Fierce Backbone, which closed this month at The Son of Semele Theatre.
- Performed in Maureen Huskey's workshop of The Last Hurrah, a new play based on the life of Alice B. Sheldon, at The Son of Semele Theatre.
- Completed Improv CORE 1 class at Impro Theatre.
- Recorded a VO spot for Shopkins. Check it out!
WHAT'S NEW FOR NOVEMBER 2016?
- Recorded a voice over spot for Magic Mee Mees!
- Weebles Weeblesodes are coming out! Check out the first episode below...(I am the voice of Willow, the one with purple hair!)
- Recorded three audiobooks in ten days with Book Buddy Media. What a whirlwind of a month so far!
WHAT'S NEW FOR OCTOBER 2016?
- CAST in Second City's upcoming Sketch show, FREAKY DEAKY TIME MACHINE. Dec. 7 and 14 (9pm).
- Got to perform at The Loft Theatre with my new all-female Improv team FRIEDA NIP. Stay tuned for upcoming show dates!
- Started classes at IMPRO THEATRE to brush up on my Long Form Improv skills.
- CHAMBER SHAKESPEARE has launched! So excited to be acting and producing with this company. We bring high quality Shakespeare to your living room!
WHAT'S NEW FOR SEPTEMBER 2016?
- CAST in Freddy Tang's upcoming Sci-Fi short film IMA playing the part of Ima.
- Great reading of Amy Tofte's new play WOMEN OF 4G with Drive Theatre Company. Cannot wait for this play to get produced!
WHAT'S NEW FOR AUGUST 2016?
- CAST in Chamber Shakespeare's HAMLET as Ophelia! Traveling play designed for living rooms. So excited to be diving into this text!
WHAT'S NEW FOR JULY 2016?
- So happy to announce my new representation! Now repped commercially by Special Artists Agency. Also by The Atherton Group (TAG) for Voice Over.
- THIRTEEN'S SPRING has won an Encore! Producers' Award which means we will be extending through July at The Actor's Company. Performances on July 8, 15, and 16. Come see this award winning production!
- METMORPHOSIS won The Duende Distinction Award at The Hollywood Fringe Festival!
WHAT'S NEW FOR JUNE 2016?
- So excited to be voicing the character Willow on The Weebles!
- Thirteen's Spring has opened at The Hollywood Fringe Festival to rave reviews!! We are open all June. Come on by The Actors Compnay for a great show!
"Nora King absolutely shines as Anne Frank and her bubbly, flirtatious energy and teenage angst is so charming and heartbreaking.”
"Definitely don’t want to miss this one! Nora King’s performance is the heartbeat of this powerful portrait of a young girl on the verge of womanhood whose life is about to change in the most profound way.”
"Nora King as Anne is incredible. Mesmerizing, quirky, fantastic.”
"Nora King brings to life the sweet naivety of a young girl…”
"This show is the most powerful piece of theatre in the Fringe festival."
"It allows the audience to get emotionally intimate with Anne, who is portrayed with remarkable talent and spirit by Nora King.”
WHAT'S NEW FOR MAY 2016?
- Check out Bella Thorne's Autumn's Kiss Book Trailer I voiced! (I'm the TODO list)...
- Had a great time recording the voiceover for Zuru's "Hamsters in the House" spot! I'll be posting it here once released.
- Understudy performance dates are finalized for THE MONGOOSE at The Road Theatre! April 5 at 8pm AND April 11 at 8pm. Looking forward to performing on The Road Theatre's stage! Come see!
WHAT'S NEW FOR FEBRUARY 2016?
- First recording session for a reoccurring role on a new webseries!
- Ran the LA Marathon! Season Two of our Instagram webseries has been launched! Check it out at @girlsgonerunning
- Check out this CalArts Animation I voiced! (I am the little fox, Rowan)
- On a role with Voice Overs this month, booking TWO jobs in the first week! Will post here once published.
- CAST in Moving Art Collective's latest productions! As Anne Frank in THIRTEEN'S SPRING and as Greta in METAMORPHOSIS playing at The Hollywood Fringe this June. Stay tuned for exact performance dates!
WHAT'S NEW FOR JANUARY 2016?
- CAST as U.S. for the role of Maddy in The Road Theatre Company's upcoming play THE MONGOOSE. Get tickets here!
- Very excited to announce that I am now a company member of The Road Theatre Co!!
- Booked TWO more Voice Overs! Will post them here once published.
WHAT'S NEW FOR DECEMBER 2015?
- Come see DNA at The Atwater Village Theater DEC. 10-20. Click here for ticket info.
"Hats off to this game cast for their strong commitment to their superficial characters. Grace Yoo and Nora King as besties Mary and Jan mastered their own private language..." -Broadway World
"...Jan (Nora King) and Mary (Grace Yoo), a dynamic duo rarely seen apart. They immediately seize the audiences’ attention with their “little girl” hysteria—their faces plastered with that look children get when they’ve done something wrong." -Tin Pan L.A.
WHAT'S NEW FOR NOVEMBER 2015?
- BOOKED voiceover for Nick Jr's Little Charmers commercial spot! See below!
- @GirlsGoneRunning has almost reached 3000 followers!
WHAT'S NEW FOR OCTOBER 2015?
- Training for the LA Marathon! Follow our "training" on our instagram blog @girlsgonerunning
- CAST in Red Cup Theatre Company's new play DNA by Dennis Kelly at The Atwater Village Theatre. Opening Dec. 10. To get tickets click here.
- DEAD DISNEY IMPROV SHOW! Come see What's Her Face? Comedy do some hilarious improv! BYOB. $8. Oct. 25. NoHo. Click here for more details.
- Assistant Directing A Streetcar Named Desire directed by Zoe Aja Moore at The Bootleg Theatre. The center piece for Los Angeles Arts Exchange festival. Come see! Get more info here.
- Wrapping up another Groundlings Improv Class taught by Tanya Scheer.
WHAT'S NEW FOR SEPTEMBER 2015?
- CAST as lead in USC Grad short film, A Very Good Morning, directed by Allison Ross.
- CAST as lead in the short film So Cal VayCay shooting in October directed by Anthony Castillo.
WHAT'S NEW FOR AUGUST 2015?
- CAST in What's Her Face? Comedy's newest all-female Improv troupe, directed by Paul Storiale. First performance is Oct 2nd! Get more info here.
- Working with The Moving Art Collective this month continuing to workshop CEM, a performance piece based off Gabriel Garcia Marquez's One Hundred Years of Solitude, at the UCLA Artist in Residency program.
- Participating in The Speakeasy Society's worlshop for 15 Minutes of Fame, an immersive theater piece opening later this year.
WHAT'S NEW FOR JULY 2015?
- Having a great time at The Groundling's School's Basic Class this month taught by Navaris Darson.
- Also, enjoying Killian's Commercial Workshop to brush up on my commercial acting/auditioning skills taught by Jenny Schmidt.
WHAT'S NEW FOR JUNE 2015?
- Watch this hilarious short film called GET REEL, directed by Richard Pluim and cinematography by Iliya Gegov.
- Accepted into REDCAT's SUMMER STUDIO! Presenting CEM, a new work from The Moving Art Collective with director Fernando Belo. June 21st-June 22nd. Click here to get tickets!
WHAT'S NEW FOR MAY 2015?
- JOHNNY: THE QUICK AND THE DEAD opens May 29th! Click here for more info.
- Excited to announce that I am now represented by IDIOM Talent Agency for Voice Over!
WHAT'S NEW FOR APRIL 2015?
- World Premier Musical LOOPHOLES, A PAIN IN THE I.R.S. opens!
"King grabs her spotlight...simply delightful!" -Broadway World
"Nora King was cute as a button" -Discover Hollywood
April 15th- May 17th, 2015
The Hudson Theatre
For more info click here.
- CAST in SAG New Media webisode, IT'S ABOUT TO GET REEL. Directed by Richard Pluim. (Which means I am now SAG Eligible!!)
- Participated in a workshop for The Speakeasy Society's new immersive play, THE JOHNNY CYCLE, based off the book "Johnny Got His Gun." And most recently, being offered a role in the first installment, "Johnny; The Quick and The Dead" running May 28- June 6. **More info to come**
- Just wrapped a workshop at Automata for an upcoming puppetry piece called THE FASTING GIRLS written by Amanda Shank and directed by Alexis Macnab.